The International Council of Nursing's fact sheet on infection control
It states that hand hygiene is the most effective way to prevent the transmission of infections.
The WHO Campaign 'Clean Care is Safer Care'
The goal of Clean Care is Safer Care is to ensure that infection control is acknowledged universally as a solid and essential basis towards patient safety and supports the reduction of health care-associated infections and their consequences.
Hand Hygiene & Standard Precautions to prevent Healthcare associated Infections
The Nursing in Critical Care Virtual Issue about Infection Control
VENTILATOR-ASSOCIATED PNEUMONIA (VAP)
- Recommendations on the prevention of VAP
- Preventing VAP in Children: an Evidence-Based Protocol
- Preventing ventilator-associated pneumonia: An executive summary of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc, Elimination Guide (American Journal of Infection Control. 2010)
- Systematic Literature Review of Oral Hygiene Practices for Intensive Care Patients Receiving Mechanical Ventilation (American Journal of Critical Care 2007)
- Consensus based clinical guideline for oral hygiene in the critically ill (Intensive Crit Care Nurs. 2011)