Travel to Utrecht
Situated at the very heart of the Netherlands, Utrecht is easy to reach by air, rail and road.
From Schiphol airport to Utrecht
From Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, a direct train departs to Utrecht Central Station every 10 minutes. Travel time is 30 minutes.
We advise you to buy your e-ticket in advance, this is easier and cheaper than buying a ticket at the vending machine. A single way ticket costs 9,50 (price level July 2021).
Note that a return ticket is only valid for travelling on the same day, so you will need to buy 2 separate one way tickets per travel date.
Purchase your e-ticket
- Purchase your ticket online or via the NS-app (download the app via the App Store or Google Play Store)
- After you have paid your ticket, you will receive an e-mail; open this mail using your smartphone;
- You will now see a page with an overview of your order, with two options for collecting your e-tickets:
- Download and print: bring your printed ticket along on your journey, OR
- Download to the NS-app: the app will open automatically. You can find your e-ticket under the heading 'My tickets'.
Travelling with your e-ticket
If you travel to or from a station with access gates, then you can open the gates using the e-ticket. You can recognise gates equipped with barcode scanners by the 'scan ticket' symbol on the right-hand door of the gate, and by the illuminated surface on the right hand side of the gate.
- Open your e-ticket in the NS app. Make sure that the QR code is visible.
- Choose a gate with a barcode reader.
- Hold the screen of your mobile phone in front of the round glass window.
From Utrecht Central Station to the Congress venue
It is only a few minutes walk from the Central Station to Media Plaza. Please note that the Jaarbeurs has two venues, so please read the following directions carefully, and download the access plan!
- At Utrecht Central Station, follow the signs Jaarbeursplein
- Take the stairs or escalators to descend to the street level
- Once at street level, at the bottom of the stairs/escalators, go straight ahead
- Pass the Beatrix theatre, cross the road, continue straight on via the walking path
- Entrance is right after you passed the cinema (Kinepolis)
Download and (recommended) print the access plan
(Scroll down to view the whole plan when you opened the document)
For information about the accessibility of the Jaarbeurs by car, bus and taxi: https://www.jaarbeurs.nl/en/accessibility