The Erasmus+ project Multicultural Care in European Intensive Care units, MICE-ICU (2016-2018) resulted in a specialized and accredited e-learning course on multicultural care dedicated to nurses working in intensive care environments.
It offers real, interactive e-learning. The syllabus and the course are endorsed by the European federation of Critical Care Nurses associations (EfCCNa).
- Entry test of knowledge ·
- MODULE I: Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- MODULE II: Culturally diverse patients in health care environment ·
- MODULE III: Speciﬁcs when caring for culturally diverse patients on ICU wards ·
- Ending test of knowledge
The e-learning course is available on the MICE-ICU website
Healthy Work Environment for Critical Care Nurses
The multilingual blended (online and face to face) training course for nurse training professionals to develop Healthy Work Environments (HWE) knowledge, skills and competences for CCU nurses.
Managing Patients with Chest Drains
The certified Chest Drain Management eLearning course examines what is a chest drain, where and why this is used along with different chest drainage systems. This course provides an excellent introduction to understanding and managing chest drainage. It covers topics such as:
- Anatomy of the chest cavity
- Function of chest drainage
- Different chest drainage systems
- Monitoring and management of chest drains
- Information about digital drains
- Differences between underwater seal drains and Thopaz+
- Summary of features and benefits of Thopaz+
This course is CPD (Continuing Professional Development) certified.
This course is also endorsed by EfCCNa
Other sources of online education
Patient Safety / Infection Control
The WHO Campaign 'Clean Care is Safer Care'
The goal of Clean Care is Safer Care is to ensure that infection control is acknowledged universally as a solid and essential basis towards patient safety and supports the reduction of health care-associated infections and their consequences.
Hand Hygiene & Standard Precautions to prevent Healthcare associated Infections
The Nursing in Critical Care Virtual Issue about Infection Control
- European Resuscitation Council (ERC) CPR Guidelines 2021
Paediatric sources of online education
- OPENPediatrics - the world's best practices - shared worldwide